FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ads
T2 help to convert to a 1.5DCI renault engine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eric76
Wannabe
Wannabe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: T2 help to convert to a 1.5DCI renault engine Reply with quote

HI Guys,

Hope you may be able to help I have a 76 Bay and have a couple of months off so have decided to convert to a 1.5 DCI engine due to cheap tax and fuel.

I have been reading around the conversion stuff but need some advice,

1) gearbox, im hoping to change to the dci box but have no idea how i would link this up if if will give 5 reverse gears, and surly the throw of the shifter would be stupid so wondered how this would connect up in the bus

2) electrics, does any one know what part of the electrics I need to keep? can i just plug in the ecu to the battery and run wirering to the engine or will i need to use all of the key and dash ect? no idea where to find this out!

many thanks and if you know of a post where some one has done this before that i may have missed please point it out or if there are any threads with a step by step conversion to a front wheel drive can that i could perhaps make use of that would also be great

Garth
Kai
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.renault.co.uk/about/innovations/dci_110.aspx

We looked at buyin one of the current Renault scenics which comes with that engine. I just couldn't bring myself to consider it, and that was in a Renault scenic, car felt gutless and slow.

I could imagine in a bay window it would be just as bad as in the Renault.

However don't be out down by me. I only really know about the Subaru turbo conversions Grin

Can you not use the Renault engine and transmission and put the entirlumpy in the back? I've seen subarus done this way and a mate of mine has a be passat and it's auto box conversion like this?

Don't sleep and drive!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Forms Of Power All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: