FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ads
Rover V8 in a T25

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonnyg
Wannabe
Wannabe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Rover V8 in a T25 Reply with quote

I am contemplating which engine to go for this winter and one of the ones that got thrown up is the Rover V8, the 3500 unit.

Now i can get ahold of one, i understand about the adapter ring e.t.c but i do have a few questions for anyone who has done or seen this conversion...

Clearence, is there much? More to the point is it sitting proud of the hatch and by very far??

Gearbox - can my standard 1.9DG box cope with V8 power or am i needing to upgrade?

if the clearence is OK and the box can handle it then this may be my best engine...
richbaker78
Teacher of Padawans
Teacher of Padawans

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know little about this but i do rememebr there is a guy on the Aussie Veedubs site with a Rover V8 in his bay. No doubt he will be able to advise.

Theres also a V8 t25 for sale on Vzi and ebay at the moment - im sure the owner could give you some pointers...or just sell you the van to save you a lot of work.

http://www.volkszone.co.uk/VZi/showthread.php?t=487934

not much help i know buit its a start!
MostlyMonki
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that van on vzi looks a bargain at that price! if i didnt already have more vw's than germany id consider it myself!

was looking around at rover V8's the other day (daydreamin of putting one in my LT35)... and you'd be looking at at least 600 for a decent one, as theyre the kitcar crowds favourite, so in demand.
MostlyMonki
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yeah, if you do go shopping for one it might be an idea to get one out of a runnning car that you can compression test and check for using up water etc first... not so sure about the 3.5's, but the 4.0 and 4.6 rover v8's of the 90's and later suffer badly from pourus ally blocks and dodgy head gaskets.
mattestelle
Wannabe
Wannabe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 4.0l suffer will cracked liners aswell
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Other Forms Of Power All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: