FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ads
westfalia pop up roof help from a subaru

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fahtal
Initiate Jedi
Initiate Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: westfalia pop up roof help from a subaru Reply with quote

hi i put solar panels on my westy but know the roff is way to heavy.

so i pulled the springs from my legacy and voila super easy going pop up roof.

google translate warning but with pictures

[Quote = "fahtal"] I looked around and I saw there in the tall grass is still our old legacy;)

I thought the tailgate is quite heavy it must compensate for the weight of the solar panels.

So hop feather the gas out.

was set-up for the first test on the corner profile of the hinge and then with wood screws in the roof frame.

3/4 of the closing the roof the spring was already in its minimum setting so the roof would not close. I noticed a difference in weight so I went looking for another point.

which was one of the diagonal of the hinge (that is 1 of the two rods which move crosswise from each other)

between those two is enough room for a m8 nut. So i drilled a m8 hole and fastened in fixed screwed into the roof frame. it works the spring had on the closed position still a little space but the cylinder however against the corner profile of the upper part of the hinge. so the wood screws were pulled out of the woods after a few times ...

then just ponder and discuss. This is now the solution.

a metalstrip fastened under the front M6 bolt of the hinge. on this strip a tube welded which is as high as the bracket. so that when the roof is closed, the spring is parallel with the bracket.

then at the end of the strip 1 additional wood screw in order to prevent that the strip is not twisted.

This works perfectly. I push with one hand the roof continues to open up after a quarter of which are in themselves so perfect with close to your tent cloth to rummaging inside. close feels a bit like you close all windows and doors closed roof do you have pull it but not too much.

without solar panels would open it self after you helped him a quarter.

so go to the demolition. your wife would be grateful;)

see test holes. for the bracket. Down the sloping (was a stupid mistake because it moves naturally forward duh ... and finally 5.5 cm under the cross bolt / rivet.

top of the spring on the tube bottom and you just see the M6 ​​bolt on the hinge. [/ quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Useless Information All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: