FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ads
Smiths Speedo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Landmaster
Wannabe
Wannabe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Smiths Speedo Reply with quote

Evening All,
I'm thinking of fitting a Smiths Digital speedo to my Bay as the original is on the fritz.
I 've changed the front tyres and consequently the speedo is not reading correctly .
I've had a go at recalibrating it, but still not really happy with the accuracy.
I have an RJES loom with a VSS mounted on the back of the speedo, the Digital clock uses a similar set up, so ill end up with two sensors mounted between the clock and the cable.
My question is, have any of you guys done it,?
I'm worried that the cable will get its knickers in a twist as i'm asking it to drive two sets of magnets. Everything works really well at the moment and i don't want to mess it up, so any advice/experience would be much appreciated. Also they're not cheap !!
Thanks
Kai
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a smiths digital speedometer. Well it's an analog display but driven via my speed sensor. I can't remember what it's called but looks similar to the Porsche gauges. I want to say the smiths international range???

Anyway it reads any signal input. It's calibrated by driving one mile and it counts the VSS pulses.

So rather then fit a second VSS it will use the signal wire from the RJES VSS and will display an accurate speed. Mine is spot on with a sat nav and iPhone.

Don't sleep and drive!!!
Landmaster
Wannabe
Wannabe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, so what we're saying is that I just need to use the one VSS to tell the Subaru ECU that i'm moving and the speedo how fast!( subject to the calibrated mile business)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Subaru (RJES Products) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: