FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ads
EJ20T cooling curcuit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
panel
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some hose and some other bits to try this configuration. I'll report back.....thanks!
panel
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I might have fixed it! Had her idling in the driveway for about 20mins and never overheated. I have a petcock on the crossover manifold and one I just added to the top of the header tank . I have about 1/3 of coolant filled up in my overflow tank for if it ever needs it and I've also added a clear hose to it from the nipple off the cap (on tank). I noticed it started to bleed out of there about 5"(127mm) of coolant but never anymore than that. When it cooled down overnight I checked it in the morning and the fluid had sucked back into the stk header tank and the hose was clear.

It's a little messy right now cause I didn't want to to a ton of nice permanent work in case this didn't work. I'll drive it around the hood for a bit and see if the new plumbing worked and temps stay ok.

I did have one of the two fans cycle on/off at 205°F (96°C) and that seemed to keep it cooled down to 200-203°F. The second fan never came on. I can set whatever parameters I want the fans to come on with my ECU.

What's normal operating temps and what temps should I have the fans kick on at?

OLD PIC but just for ref:

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Subaru Power All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: