FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ads
Connecting a modified Scooby loom to a bay window existing w

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hayleyjosephfrances
Wannabe
Wannabe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Connecting a modified Scooby loom to a bay window existing w Reply with quote

PLease could someone help me with a wiring question for my conversion. Simple really how and what do I need to connect to the scooby wiring loom to run the gauges at the front on the dash on my early bay window. Alternator light, oil pressure, ignition switch etc.... I am trying to collect all the information before I start the conversion. diagrams and descriptions would really help. Engine is a EJ20 non turbo. Thanks

Mark
Kai
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year?

to make the vw gauges work you'll need to connect the alternator light and the oil pressure light.

you'll need to supply the loom with +12V, obviously a switched +12V, then you get into what the ECU will require, ecu memory +12V, vss, neutral position switch, radiator relays oh and you should install the engine chek light too.

and dont forget to install a coolant temperature gauge, another hurdle you'll have to over come.

loads of information in the forum though.

Don't sleep and drive!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Maintenance All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: