FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ads
MY A4 engine finally taking shape
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbh110tdi
Wannabe
Wannabe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking good. are you planning on running standard power or you upgrading any bits?

swap you a VW engine cover for youre Audi one Wink
atschool
Initiate Jedi
Initiate Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: a looming question Reply with quote

another kit car built trying to spend some time back on my bus between projects, so I've plugged the loom back in took off what I know I will not need and recognise and it turns over off the key not tried to started it yet still loads to do. so the question is what have others dune had just the engine loom to the key made up or chopped up the old loom & what diesel pump should I be looking for the one off the car I damaged so need to get a replacement,
been working on the body and running gear new cab floor front clip back windows gone, steering now on the right and even a gear stick.
[/img]

Wilfred
Darth Admin
Darth Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fuel pump is part of the engine. There is no separate pump required for this particular engine. Although some cars have an additional pump in the tank, this is not absolutely necessary. Just a fuel feed and return to the diesel filter will do. That is how I have it in my van, with the exact same engine and it runs fine! (1.9 TDI AFN 1998)

As for the wiring, I used the loom of the donor car, cut out the stuff I donít need and than integrated it to the original bus wiring. Basically you just need a switched feed tot the donor car loom to make it work. If you take this from the swithched feed that used to go to the ignition coil, you are fine. 1 extra connection is needed for the starter engine, which can be taken from the original bus wiring.

Basically what I did was cut out the donor ignition barrel, find out which wires did what and wire these up. Fired right up after finishing the transplant, and using the original Baywindow ignition key!
atschool
Initiate Jedi
Initiate Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks wilfred, I am off work next week so will get stuck into the vans electrics and water works. I could do with getting it running to make sure I dont remove some of the wiring I need. there seems a lot of wiring just to get the engine running and electrics is not my strong point so slowly dose it. andy
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: