FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ads
'78 CE vr6 bus. Aka BVR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bansheelos
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: '78 CE vr6 bus. Aka BVR Reply with quote

Been working on this for 3 years now just started driving her a month ago. Working out the kinks. VR6 motor runs hot. Still having cooling issues but she gets around lol

Wilfred
Darth Admin
Darth Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Welcome!

What a sweet ride, and nic engine. It looks red hot on the first pic of th engine! :-)

Haven't you mounted a scoop, to catch the air? Now all air just runs under it... and not through the rad.
Bansheelos
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilfred wrote:
Welcome Welcome!

What a sweet ride, and nic engine. It looks red hot on the first pic of th engine! :-)

Haven't you mounted a scoop, to catch the air? Now all air just runs under it... and not through the rad.

Thanks Wilfred!
Just the lighting and crappy cell phone pic really jacked up that engine pic. It's actually hemi orange. Yup, right now just blowing past the fans. I tried to run a scoop but it didn't have any affect, actually made me run hotter than before. The rad is literally 3" off the ground so I have been trying to play with the idea in my head to create a side scoop that will run to the rad from the side and create enough high pressure below the rad to to flow through it. I'm pretty sure my pressure situation needs to be fixed down there. Here's a shot of my rad and the distance off the ground!
Wilfred
Darth Admin
Darth Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poo that's low.

I have a rad in the same position, but with a scoop. I never had the fans coming on on the highway...

It's really possible to make some improvements there I think.
Bansheelos
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilfred wrote:
poo that's low.

I have a rad in the same position, but with a scoop. I never had the fans coming on on the highway...

It's really possible to make some improvements there I think.

Yeah being low is not practical. I'm thinking about raising it a little. Maybe that will be my winter project.
Kai
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that van!! Reading what you've posted today ( originally thought you were anothe bullshit spammer) your van runs hot. Personally I would do it so the air from the front of the van passes the front and above your radiator pushing the air though the rad and down towards the ground. It's hard work to create this but so is sticking s VR6 into s bay window. Persevere with it and finish it properly. Get the cooling sorted. If I had a Bay window I would want it to look like that

Don't sleep and drive!!!
Kai
Jedi Guardian
Jedi Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and keep it low also

Don't sleep and drive!!!
Bansheelos
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kai wrote:
I like that van!! Reading what you've posted today ( originally thought you were anothe bullshit spammer) your van runs hot. Personally I would do it so the air from the front of the van passes the front and above your radiator pushing the air though the rad and down towards the ground. It's hard work to create this but so is sticking s VR6 into s bay window. Persevere with it and finish it properly. Get the cooling sorted. If I had a Bay window I would want it to look like that

Lol no not a spammer just a guy that stumbled across this forum a few years too late. Here's my build thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=540073&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 and some video http://youtu.be/uDiLIim8AJY there's not much room above the radiator but I have to do something. Def gonna try it. Thanks man it's taken a lot of blood, sweat and defeated nights to get this thing on the road.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: